The mission of The Sandusky State Theatre educational outreach program is to work with other arts organizations in order to serve the Erie County community by providing quality educational programs that are dedicated to lifelong learning in and through the arts. Our educational outreach activities have the ability to reach thousands of students through free and low cost live performances, special presentations and classes in the schools.
THE SANDUSKY STATE THEATRE EDUCATIONAL OUTREACH PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Artists On Tour - Many of the visiting artists who perform at The Sandusky State Theatre will also participate in community residencies, lecture-demonstrations and master classes. The purpose of these programs are to help explain the arts to school children and the general public and to bring artists and audiences closer together.
- Open Rehearsals - Open rehearsals offer a unique behind-the-scenes glimpse of performing artists working at their art and to witness performances as they are developed and refined.
- Pre-Performance Lectures - Designed to appeal to both students and adult learners, these free lectures are presented by knowledgeable speakers from resident companies, touring companies and the community.
- School Matinee Program - This will be a popular series of special matinee performances aimed at students (K-12) and in 2014-2015 will feature performances that illustrate the diversity of attractions represented in our performance season.
- Who Can Participate - Students, young dancers and musicians, senior citizens, at-risk-youth, and interested community members are all invited to participate in our outreach activities and programs.
- Contact Us - To stay informed of future The Sandusky State Theatre outreach programs and activities, just add your name to our mailing list. Updates are sent by email. To add your email address, please go the Home Page and Subscribe. If you have questions, feel free to email us.